PASSUS MANHOLE COVERSApplications include footways, pedestrian areas, car parks and car parking decks
PASSUS MANHOLE COVERS
Applications include footways, pedestrian areas, car parks and car parking decks.
The key to Passus’ strength is ductile iron. Ductile iron provides a superior strength-to-weight ratio, which allows up to a 50% weight savings compared to cast-iron designs. CLICK for more detailed technical information on the properties of ductile iron.
- Improved ergonomics:
- Hinges reduce the physical effort by 50%.
- Hinges allow operator to move in a straight line, thereby avoiding damaging spinal rotation.
- Hinges minimize the duration of the lift; the hinge also retains the cover in a safe and controlled way during and after the lift.
- Lifting points in the cover are designed for use with standard tools (pickaxe/hook/bar).
- Hinge incorporates a 90º blocking feature to prevent accidental closure.
- Self-centering design of the gasket eliminates the need to guide the cover into position when closing.
- Design of apertures ensures easy insertion and removal of tools.
- Lifting loops in the frame facilitate safe offloading and installation with the proper equipment.
- The cover is designed to open and release pressure if the sewer becomes surcharged.
- The cover can be removed if necessary.
The Passus manhole cover unit has been designed and manufactured within a certified ISO 9000 quality management system, certified by an independent, internationally recognized third party. Production incorporates regular testing of the material and final product including extensive field testing and heavy traffic situations.
Passus manhole covers can be fitted with a specially designed locking assembly to increase resistance to unauthorized access. On-site installation of retrofit locking assemblies generally takes no more than five minutes.
PASSUS or similar approved Manhole Frame and Cover
- Covers and frames shall be manufactured from Ductile Iron in accordance with ISO 1083.
- Covers shall be one-man operable using standard tools and shall be capable of withstanding an average load of 120,000 lbs.
- Covers to be hinged and incorporate a 110º opening socket joint to prevent accidental closure
- Frames shall be circular and shall incorporate a seating gasket; frame depth not to exceed 4″ (24″)
- Covers incorporate a spring bar locking system which activates when cover is closed
- The flanges shall incorporate bedding slots and bolt holes
- All components shall be black coated or coated in epoxy
- Product shall be manufactured in ISO 9000 certified manufacturing plants
Passus Data Sheet
Ductile Iron Standards
EN124 Product Standard 2009
NEED A QUOTE?
Give us a call a 800-838-7377 or send us a request.
Request a free demonstration at your location. There’s no obligation. Find out how Jim Cox Sales offers solutions that WORK!